Who does not want to have a barbeque party in the yard on a summer? The mouthwatering aroma of grilled meat and the joy of being with the people you love is incomparable! With this, you definitely have to invest in the best outdoor electric grill. There is no longer a need to head to an expensive restaurant to enjoy a delicious barbeque!
If you are searching for an electric grill that is designed for outdoor use, you can be easily overwhelmed with the tons of the options that are available. Nonetheless, this should never give you the reason to choose just any grill. If you are undecided on which one to pick, read the rest of this post and we’ll help you to come up with the right decision.
Our Top Picks for The Best Outdoor Electric Grill on the Market
Below is a table that provides you with a quick glimpse of some of our favorite outdoor electric grills, followed by a discussion of some of the things that make them exceptional picks.
[table id=21 /]
George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
With a total cooking area of 215 square inches, this is a grill that is good enough for cooking 15 servings of your favorite BBQ! It is perfect for large groups or big families. Despite such, it is space-efficient. There is a stand that is easy to remove. Without the stand, it will transform into a tabletop grill that you can use indoors.
In terms of grilling versatility, it is a good thing that it comes with an adjustable temperature control, making it possible to use it in a wide array of applications. There are five heat settings. You can set the temperature based on the food you are grilling.
More so, it has 1,600 watts of power, providing an assurance that you do not need to wait for a long time before your food is ready to be devoured.
To make it mess-free to use, the grill also comes with a drip tray, which will catch excess oil from the surface. Meanwhile, there is a removable drip tray that will be easy for you to clean. The grilling surface is also sloped at an angle, which will make it possible to remove up to 42% of fat. This is sure to be a good companion for healthy grilling.
This grill comes with a one-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- Comes with a removable stand
- Space-efficient design
- Heats up quickly
- Drip pan is quite small
- Can be quite heavy
George Foreman 9-serving Classic Plate Electric Grill
This is made by the same manufacturer as the product that has been mentioned above, with the main difference being the fact that it is smaller and more space-efficient. The cooking surface is 144 square inches, which is good enough for making nine servings.
One of the things that we loved about this grill is that it is multipurpose. Aside from grilling, you can also use it as a panini press!
Another great feature is the George Tough Nonstick Coating. With this, you will no longer need to use a lot of butter and oil. However, make sure to take care of the coating as there are some people who complained of how it might easily peel.
It also comes with a fat-removing slope, similar to the model mentioned above. This is made possible by the angled cooking surface that makes it easy to get rid of excess fat.
We also loved the floating hinge design of this portable and compact grill. This will help you to cook more. This makes it easy to cook food of large portions!
As a bonus, there are grilling tools that are also included as a part of the kit, which allows it to provide the best bang for the buck.
- Angled cooking surface
- Comes with grill tools
- Doubles as a panini press
- Can have temperature fluctuations
- Coating can easily peel off
Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
The mere fact that it is made by Weber can already provide you with peace of mind regarding its quality and performance. The cooking area is 280 square inches, which makes it larger than the two products that have been mentioned above.
This model comes with a heating element that delivers 1,560 watts of power. There is no need to wait for a long time before you can enjoy your food.
It also comes with infinite heat control settings. It is one feature that contributes to making the grill user-friendly. Adjusting the temperature will be effortless. It also has excellent insulation to retain the heat, which is also one of the reasons why this is an energy-efficient grill.
In terms of construction, this is also a product that will be hard to match. It is made of porcelain-enameled cast iron, which also does not require a lot on your end in terms of cleaning and maintenance. The lid and the body, on the other hand, are made of cast aluminum.
The aluminum casting and the thermoplastic parts are covered for five years. Meanwhile, the heating element, temperature controller, and all the other parts are covered for two years.
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Durable construction
- No built-in thermometer
Char-Broil TRU Infrared Electric Patio Bistro 240
With a cooking area of 240 square inches, the space is more than enough for cooking up to 12 hamburgers. This is even made better by the fact that there is a warming rack that is 80 square inches, providing additional space. The warming rack is foldable, which is great in terms of space efficiency.
There is also no need to worry about the portability of the grill. Aside from being compact, it also comes with two wheels that will make it easy to move around.
One of the highlights of this model is the TRU-Infrared Cooking System. The latter will make it easy to cook your food evenly. This prevents having burnt spots. This also makes the meat juicier.
For ease of use, there is also a temperature gauge that is mounted on the lid, making it easy to monitor the heat without having to open the cover.
The intuitive control, which is like an oven knob, is also a plus. There is also a ring with light. When there is a light, this means that the grill is hot.
- Comes with a spacious rack
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Large capacity
- Can be difficult to assemble
- Clean-up can be tricky
Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill
Made by another trusted brand on the market for electric grills, this is another option worth considering. Aside from grilling in the patio, it also comes with a portable design, making it easy to bring with you when camping or tailgating. It is designed with portability in mind. For instance, there is a convenient handle on the side that will make it easy to carry.
This grill has a cooking area of 145 square inches. At such a size, it will be good enough for cooking eight burgers or up to ten chicken breasts.
It comes with a 1,500-watt motor, which is the one that allows it to deliver powerful heating. There are some, however, who noted that despite the motor, the heat that it generates is not as high compared to the higher-end options. It has 5,120 BTU. As noted by some of its past users, the grill will be ready within just ten minutes.
The control is also worth highlighting, which will be a snap for you to use. The control knob is similar to what you can find in an oven or stove.
- Does not require assembly
- User-friendly control
- Difficult to clean
- May not heat enough
Benefits of an Electric Grill
When you are buying an electric grill, you will have several choices when it comes to which type to buy. There are charcoal grills, or even propane grills. However, in this article, our focus is on electric grills. What makes it excellent? Here are some of the benefits that can convince you to choose an electric grill over other types of outdoor grills:
One of the best things about using an electric grill is that there are no fumes that are produced, making it great even for indoor use. There is no need to worry about emission of carbon dioxide. This is good for you and for the environment.
Compared to other types of grills, an electric grill is compact. Even if you have a small patio, it will be great. They are also portable.
While it uses electricity, many of the grills that belong to this category are energy-efficient. This is when compared to those that use coal and propane.
Easy to Clean
When it comes to cleaning, you do not have to exert too much effort in an electric grill when compared to charcoal or gas grills.
The convenience of using an electric grill is also one of its best assets. There is no need to ignite a flame or replace the gas. All that you have to do is to place the meat, turn on the knob, and wait until it is done grilling.
Choosing the Best Outdoor Electric Grill
The options are plenty. This, however, does not go to say that you can choose just any product and expect that it can deliver the highest level of satisfaction. To be able to make the right decision, these are some of the most important things that you have to take into consideration:
The right size will depend on a number of things, such as the size of the patio. There are some that are compact enough for small spaces, which you can even bring with you when you are camping or tailgating. The size will also depend on the capacity of the grill, often measured in square inches.
If space and budget is not an issue, it will be good to purchase a grill that comes with a secondary or warming rack. In some cases, this rack can be folded, making it space-efficient in terms of storage.
Ease of Use
When evaluating the outdoor grills, look at the features that will be indicative of being user-friendly. For instance, the knob should be in a strategic position. It should also be effortless to clean and maintain.
Those models with a higher wattage are more powerful. It should heat up quickly and must reach a high level of heat depending on what you will grill. It can be frustrating if it takes a long time before it is done grilling:
Look at the materials used as it will be indicative of durability and overall quality. The cooking grate, for instance, should have a non-stick coating that does not easily peel. The cover should have good insulation for excellent heat retention.
When using an electric grill, it needs to be plugged to a source of power. Therefore, it is important to make sure that the cord is long enough so that you will have the freedom to position it anywhere that can be reached by the cord.
As mentioned earlier, it will be good if it comes with a non-stick coating. Some of the most common materials include stainless steel, cast iron, and porcelain coated cast iron. Some grills also have an angled grate, which will make it easy to reduce the amount of fat that gets in your food.
This is one feature that you will not find in all grills. It is almost exclusive to the higher end models. You will benefit from having a thermometer for the accurate monitoring of the temperature. This prevents the food from being under or overcooked.
There are some models that are already inclusive of accessories when you buy them. The most common accessories are grilling tools. They provide good value for money since there is no need to buy them separately.
The manufacturer must extend a warranty to give you peace of mind. When the unit becomes defective within the coverage of the warranty, they could have it repaired for free or replace the damaged parts, depending on the terms and conditions that have been specified.
Care and Maintenance for Outdoor Electric Grills
Even if you have the best outdoor electric grill, this does not mean that it will withstand the test of time. To make it deliver its peak performance even through the years, here are some of the most important things to keep in minds:
- Read the manual and religiously follow the instructions from the manufacturer, especially when it comes to cleaning.
- Clean the grill right after every use. Otherwise, the dirt will harden and will be more difficult to remove.
- Since this is an electric grill, be sure that you do not submerge it in water as the electronic components will be damaged.
- Always unplug the grill before cleaning. This might seem like an already obvious tip, but there are still many people who forget to do it.
- Use a rubber spatula to get rid of the tough dirt on the surface. Do not use metal spatula as this could scratch and damage the grilling surface. After removing the dirt, wipe it off with a damp sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals and strong detergents. See to it that it is completely dry before storage.
- Store the grill properly, in a place that is away from the direct heat of the sun. Moisture should also be avoided, it will be nice if there is a cover. Take it out of the outdoors when it is raining.
- For a natural grill cleaner, you might want to consider using one cup baking soda and two cups of vinegar. This will be great for deep cleaning the grill, making stubborn dirt soft and easy to remove.
- If there is a problem and you do not know how to fix it, do not attempt to repair it on your own. This could only make the problem worse and may make the warranty invalid.
Safety Tips when using Outdoor Electric Grill
For your safety and peace of mind, take note of these safety precautions:
- See to it that you position the grill properly. It should be placed on an even surface. See to it as well that the cord will not get in the way and will not cause anyone to trip.
- The grill should be clean and well-maintained. Traces of dirt can cause flare-ups and safety risks.
- Before turning on the grill, inspect the cord and the plugs, making sure that they are not damaged in any way.
- Do not use the grill when it is wet or when it is raining outdoors. Keep the grill dry.
- Make sure that the grill and your hands are completely dry before using, which will reduce the possibility of an electrical shock.
- The grill should never be used nearby flammable or combustible materials.
Become a Master Griller with These Tips
Before we end this article, allow us to give you some quick grilling tips. With these things in mind, as well as a high-quality outdoor electric grill, it will be easy to impress family and friends the next time you host lunch or dinner for them:
- Even in grilling, patience is a virtue. With this, make sure to preheat the grill before it is used. Look at the manual and see how long you need to preheat the grill before it can be used.
- Seasoning the grill will also help to boost the flavor. You can brush it with melted butter. Olive oil will also do the trick.
- The meat, not just the grill, should be properly seasoned before you start grilling. The seasonings to be used will depend on the flavor that you would like to achieve. If you want to keep it simple, salt and pepper will be more than enough. You should also marinate the meat for a few hours to make it more flavorful before grilling.
- You should also think beyond meat and fish, especially if you would like to be healthy. Some of the alternatives include mushroom, eggplant, corn, tomato, bell pepper, and sweet onions, among others.
- Refrain from frequently flipping whatever it is that you are grilling, especially if it is fish with a delicate flesh. In the case of the latter, you can have it wrapped in an aluminum foil before grilling to avoid being distorted.
- Invest in a meat thermometer if in case your grill does not have a built-in temperature gauge. This will make sure that whatever you are grilling is cooked from the inside out.
Not all grills are created the same. If you want to end up with the best outdoor electric grill, there are important factors that you have to take into account, including size, materials, and features. To make things easier, limit your choices to the five products that have been mentioned above, and for sure, you will not have regrets.